2017 Hot Yoga Teacher Training - 200 hours
Now in our seventh year, our teacher training is still the only hot yoga teacher training in Saskatchewan. Led by Dallas, with over 16 years of teaching experience to share with our students, and extensive training of his own in hot yoga, levels I, II & III, Ashtanga with David Swenson, Scaravelli Yoga, and Pranayama training. All of our hot yoga teachers here are graduates of this program. This is a Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour teacher training. That means students will have 200 contact hours with the tutors, as well as independent study, reading and practice time. Our Teacher Training Courses are designed to teach you all that a traditional yoga teacher training course would, with the additional option to teach a hot yoga sequence. Intensive training dramatically boosts confidence in teaching skills while simultaneously building a progressive yoga practice.
Dates for 2017 training: First day of training is May 28th. Then every weekend in June and also and intensive week from July 2nd through 9th. Weekends are 10 am to 5 pm, schedule for intensive week is 9am - 7:30pm each day.
We recommend that students have at least 6 months hot yoga practice. If you have been practicing at another studio we require a letter of recommendation from your yoga teacher.
Please email us for an application at firstname.lastname@example.org
Techniques Training and Practice
Learn how to teach and practice Asana, Pranayama, Kriya, Chanting, Mantra and Meditation.
The principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the students process of learning and the business aspects of yoga.
Anatomy and Physiology - including Red Cross certified first aid course
Practical anatomy and physiology. Subtle anatomy (Charkas, Nadis etc). The study of the subject and it's application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications etc.)
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for a Yoga Teacher
- - Asanas - Yoga Poses, how to do modifications, postural alignment and preventing yoga injuries.
- - Teaching practice. The ethics for yoga teachers. Sensitivity of adjusting. Using the voice. Learning to teach from the heart.
- - Teaching skills - Recognizing common postural problems/body types. Sequencing, adapting to the students in the class.
- - Adapting the length of class : 60 mins / 75 mins / 90 mins.
- - Pranayama: Teaching and practice of breathing techniques and their benefits.
- - Anatomy and Physiology.
- - Subtle Energy systems: Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, Bandas and Mudras.
- - Kriyas: Cleansing Practices.
- - History of yoga.
- - Yoga Philosophy: Studying various well know texts such as Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Bhagavad Gita.
- - Meditation.
- - Mantra, sound vibration.
- - Hot Yoga specific training, and modules on prenatal yoga, yin yoga and vinyasa yoga.
- - The business of yoga - Setting up classes or a yoga studio of your own.
Yoga Alliance certification means that our teacher training adheres to the highest standards and our tutors are widely experienced. Dallas’ previous studio has trained many students in the first Hot Yoga teacher training in the UK (also internationally recognized by the Yoga Alliance and the Independent Yoga Registry). Successful students will have an internationally recognized certification, and are then free to safely teach yoga to any markets or students.
Payments received before April 30th - $2200 for teacher training. ($2310 incl GST)
Payments received after May 1st - $2400 for teacher training. ($2520 incl GST)
This includes course handbook, and an unlimited pass to the studio for the months of June and July for teacher trainees.
If you are interested in our teacher training please contact us for more info.